Friday, January 3, 2014

Social Media, Please.


Every new years I begin to rethink my overuse of social media. Total I probably spend about 1-2 hours a day browsing twitter, facebook, instagram (my personal favorite), vine, snapchat, pinterest and various blogs. I enjoy these mediums to stay connected with friends and family, but what I find myself doing more than "staying connected" is comparing myself to everyone else.

The quote above is exactly how I feel about my social media usage. A popular trend is to post "braggies" (photos bragging about what your doing, the surprise gift your boyfriend got you... etc. and YES, i do it too) Man, the braggies get me down sometimes. "I want that purse, I want to be graduated, I want, I want.. I WANT!" or "What the junk? How are they affording a trip to New York City when they are in the same situation as Dallin and I?" (Yes, the last question was directed towards Griff and Kels... We were really jealous! haha) 

Soooo my next new years resolution is to down my social media usage to about 4 hours a week... woah! 
and to STOP IT! Stop comparing myself with everyone. I have a absolutely wonderful life and I am thankful for every day of it. 

I am enough.

suck it, satan!
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with how mature and wise you are!! I think you are sooo amazing!! I can't tell you how often I see moms and dads completely involved with their phones while their kids beg for attention. I think media is good...but in moderation! I love the last quote you posted. Don't let anyone think you are anything less than a daughter of God. Which is pretty much amazing all on its own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash! I am sure blessed to know you. Thanks for always making me feel special.

      Delete