Friday, April 4, 2014

General Conference





I just had the opportunity to watch the Womens LDS General Meeting that was last weekend. I love conference!! I love the inspiration and motivation it gives me.

How cool was the womens meeting though? I am ready to go forth boldly!! Something I have always loved about this church is the fact that we can make covenants with our Heavenly Father from the time we are eight. How amazing is it that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to make these super awesome promises with us? Pretty amazing.

We talked about covenants last week in my primary class and I told my kids how cool I think it is that Heavenly Father makes promises with us and one kid said.. "yeah Sister Greenhalgh, you think everything about church is cool." He's right, there isn't one thing about church that I don't think is cool, even tithing.

I have testimony that President Thomas S. Monson is a true and living prophet on the Earth today! As I type that I get a little emotional because, well, wow! I get to hear from a prophet. I can use the internet daily to hear from the prophets and other disciples of the Lord.

" Imagine with me some of the possible spiritual “help wanted” signs related to the work of salvation:
  1.  Help wanted: parents to bring up their children in light and truth
  1.  Help wanted: daughters and sons, sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents, and true friends to serve as mentors and offer helping hands along the covenant path
  1.  Help wanted: those who listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and act on impressions received
  1.  Help wanted: those who live the gospel daily in small and simple ways
  1.  Help wanted: family history and temple workers to link families eternally
  1.  Help wanted: missionaries and members to spread the “good news”—the gospel of Jesus Christ
  1.  Help wanted: rescuers to find those who have lost their way
  1.  Help wanted: covenant keepers to stand firm for truth and right
  1.  Help wanted: true disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ"
From Linda K. Burton's talk Wanted:Hands and Hearts to Hasten the Work

I don't know about you but I am going to apply for all of these jobs as a disciple of Jesus Christ to help hasten the work.

I would like to invite all of my friends and family to come listen to a prophets voice and watch general conference this weekend. You won't regret it!

xoxo

P.S.  Mom, I am sending you a big smile today

1 comment:

  1. Megan, thank you for all your smiles! :) I love you most....

    ReplyDelete