Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

The saying "don't cry over spilled milk" never meant anything to me... until now.

Last week as I was unloading our groceries and I was trying to be so pro and bring it all in in one trip, boy, that was a mistake!

I dropped all the bags on the table and turned to open the fridge, then I heard a big thud! I turned to see the gallon of milk I had just bought on the floor leaking all over!! bahhh!!

This was just icing on the cake for the bad day I had been having.. I just just emptied my bank account buying books for Dallin and I, causing some major money stress (the worst kind of stress), I had been throwing up the night before (food poisoning, IM NOT PREGGERS) so there was a lack of sleep, and I was upset over a stupid work thing.

So when that milk dropped to the floor, exploding, I almost burst into tears!! Then I thought of the saying "don't cry over spilled milk" and started to laugh.

At this point there was no saving the milk and I just needed to accept the fact that I am not pro and I probably should have taken two trips. We all have bad days, but in the grand scheme of things our day to day trails are just little hiccups that are livable and not worth the tears.

I am so grateful for my temporary home and for the fact that it's temporary.

So next time you are having a bad day just imagine the hilarious image of me almost bursting into tears because of an exploded gallon of milk in my kitchen.

and remember... Don't cry over spilled milk!



No comments:

Post a Comment