Saturday, August 17, 2013

School Year Resolutions

As summer is coming to and end and with school just around the corner I have been on a reading rampage. I know as soon as school starts I won't have time to read any books I actually want to read!

I have been reading Whom the Lord Loveth by Neal A. Maxwell this week. I have learned a lot of things but one thing that has really stuck out to me is a chapter titled; Having character and being a character. 

Having character and being a character are two different things I have come to know. Neal A. Maxwell discusses that some people crave attention to establish their worth, or put others down to build themselves up. I have always thought I had pretty good character and I have never thought of myself as being a character, but the more I got to thinking about character I realized I'm not as kind as I should be. I needed this reminder.

Something I have always struggled with is gossip! I try not to participate in rumors but for some creepy reason, I like to know the dirty details of strangers lives.. hence why I really enjoy watching reality television (my guilty pleasure) 

As this school year begins I want to make some school year resolutions and at the top of that list is not to gossip!


School Years Resolutions

1. No more gossip!!!
2. No procrastinating
3. Attend class ALWAYS
4. Wake up on time and prepared
5. Less complaining about how much books are, less complaining in general
6. Ask lots of questions
7. Be friendly
8. Don't control group projects, put faith in others
9. Always make time for date nights
10. Always make time for the temple





p.s. Happy wedding Rawl and Syd!!! We love you guys






No comments:

Post a Comment